Udo's Choice Super 8 60 Capsules.
Udos Choice® Super 8 Microbiotic is a powerful therapeutic formula of eight specific strains of friendly bacteria. Specially formulated for rectifying serious flora imbalance or disruption. Microbiotics are the beneficial, friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. Poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress and disease and the use of antibiotics in food production as well as in medical treatments can wreak havoc in the gastrointestinal tract by destroying good bacteria and allowing undesirable bacteria to multiply.
Why do we need Microbiotics?
When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Microbiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease.
A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
They are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function, and overall health. New research is establishing how important the supplementation of Microbiotics can be for a variety of degenerative conditions. Udos Choice Super 8's contain 42 billion active bacteria in every capsules which is 3 times more than a typical Microbiotic drink
These powerful practitioner strength microbiotics:
Guaranteed 42 billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* - that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health. (*at time of manufacture) Are formulated to address yeast imbalance & leaky gut syndrome - the specific strains used in Super 8 have been specially chosen for their value to upper bowel health and have been formulated to the appropriate viable count. Are ideal for travel - refrigeration ensures maximum potency and stability. Super 8s can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time, making them convenient for holidays or business travel, especially important when travelling to foreign countries to support your beneficial microflora and helping to combat foreign micro-organisms that may be in the food and water.
Serving Size: 1 Cap
Servings Per Container: 60
- Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. L.acidophilus produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth, as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions. L.acidophilus has been shown to inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria such as Salmonella, Shigella, S.faecalis and E.coli. Moreover, studies have shown that L.acidophilus is effective in reducing lactose intolerance, reinforcing the immune system, and reducing cholesterol levels.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus is one of the most important microbiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. It is primarily found in the small intestine and vaginal tract and is beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections. L.rhamnosus has a high resistance to bile salts and stomach acid and therefore grows prolifically. It protects against the invasion of harmful microorganisms by stimulating gut lining cells to produce mucin, a mucous coating that also prevents toxins from reaching the blood. It provides excellent control over putrefactive microbes, and effectively inhibits disease-causing pathogens. One of the most intensively studied strains of Lactobacillus, it has been shown to stimulate immune responses.
- Lactobacillus plantarum a strain from vegetal origin, is another major species found in the intestinal tract. It secretes the natural occurring antibiotic lactolin and has beneficial anti-microbial activities. This microbiotic is being studied for its efficacy against allergies and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Bifidobacterium bifidum is found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins, B.bifidum helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals. B.bifidum produces lactic and acetic acids, which lower the intestinal pH and inhibit unfriendly bacteria from growing. Recent studies have shown that B.bifidum can reduce the incidence of acute diarrhoea in infants and is beneficial in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). With regular use, B.bifidum can improve immunological and inflammatory responses in seniors.
- Bifidobacterium longum colonizes the intestinal tract in very large quantities and plays a direct role in preventing invasion of pathogenic and putrefactive bacteria. B.longum breaks down bile salts, helps to synthesize B-complex vitamins and has been studied for its anti-carcinogenic activities. It also stimulates the immune system, through its effects on immunoglobulin A (lgA). B.longum produces lactic and acetic acids that lower the intestinal pH and inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. In clinical studies, B.longum has been found to improve lactose digestion and constipation.
- Lactobacillus casei is a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and is naturally occurring in the mouth and digestive tract. L.casei breaks down carbohydrates and inhibits the growth of pathogenic and putrefactive bacteria in the small intestine. L.casei has been studied for its antimicrobial effects and its role in cellular immunity. It has also shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
- Lactobacillus salivarius is found in the mouth and in the small intestine. It has been shown to improve bleeding gums, tooth decay, bad breath, oral thrush and canker sores. L.salivarius produces B vitamins, enzymes and lactic acid, breaks down proteins and has strong anti-microbial effects which have been demonstrated clinically.
- In a base of Micro-Crystalline Cellulose, Vegetarian Magnesium Stearate and Absorbic Acid.
Consume 1 to 3 capsules per day after eating to help build up good intestinal flora.
Refrigeration ensures maximum potency & stability. Udos Choice Super 8 microbiotics can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time and may be frozen.
Disclaimer: The nutrition facts and weight listed above are a guideline only and are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts are based on one particular flavour and were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Some flavours may be different in terms of nutritional information, servings per container and weight. Please note that manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us.